Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brightness

My brightness will not go up or down on my MacBook Air. I have gone into system preferences and ensured that the use of F1 and f2 keys is not checked as I saw that in a previous issue.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 7:02 PM

Juliak99 Said:

"Brightness: My brightness will not go up or down on my MacBook Air. I have gone into system preferences and ensured that the use of F1 and f2 keys is not checked as I saw that in a previous issue."

-------

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

If you are getting any issue in this manner, then it is obviously an issue with macOS being misconfigured somehow. Sometimes, changes (i.e. Update Installations) are made, and then settings (i.e. Keyboard Brightness) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both. Note that is may take a few tries just to reset them successfully.

Use these Links:

Use an External Keyboard:

If you use a hardwired connection of USB-A, then use this adapter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 7:02 PM in response to Juliak99

Juliak99 Said:

"Brightness: My brightness will not go up or down on my MacBook Air. I have gone into system preferences and ensured that the use of F1 and f2 keys is not checked as I saw that in a previous issue."

-------

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

If you are getting any issue in this manner, then it is obviously an issue with macOS being misconfigured somehow. Sometimes, changes (i.e. Update Installations) are made, and then settings (i.e. Keyboard Brightness) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both. Note that is may take a few tries just to reset them successfully.

Use these Links:

Use an External Keyboard:

If you use a hardwired connection of USB-A, then use this adapter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple Support

Brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.