Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple find Sony headphones WF-1000XM4?

I would like to be able to use “Find My Device” app to find my Sony headphones if I misplaced them. How can I do this?

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 9:58 AM

Unfortunately, you cannot.

The Sony headphones don't contain the location-aware chipset functionality that Find My uses (for example, there is no GPS location chip in the headphones, so they haven idea where they are, and they don't have any network access to be able to transmit their location back to Apple, which is required for anything greater than Bluetooth range).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 9:58 AM in response to TxNightOwl61

Unfortunately, you cannot.

The Sony headphones don't contain the location-aware chipset functionality that Find My uses (for example, there is no GPS location chip in the headphones, so they haven idea where they are, and they don't have any network access to be able to transmit their location back to Apple, which is required for anything greater than Bluetooth range).

Can Apple find Sony headphones WF-1000XM4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.