Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fonts unavailable on some apps Mac OS Ventura

I have a problem with some fonts in certain apps.

As you can see I have the Athelas family of fonts installed

It is available to use in Pages, Keynote etc. as well as Adobe InDesign

But it is not available in Office nor the Affinity suite.

Has anyone come across this and do you have a possible solution?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 7:17 AM

From the Apple's Fonts included with macOS Ventura page I see that Athelas belongs to the Document-support fonts:

These fonts are available only to documents that already use the font, or to apps that request the font by name. Some are older fonts that were included with earlier versions of macOS or Apple apps.

This could be the reason for your issue. They are a sort of hidden fonts, if I understand correctly.

Some users have made them visible to all apps by making a copy and renaming to differentiate with the original one.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 7:17 AM in response to sinclairfromglasgow

From the Apple's Fonts included with macOS Ventura page I see that Athelas belongs to the Document-support fonts:

These fonts are available only to documents that already use the font, or to apps that request the font by name. Some are older fonts that were included with earlier versions of macOS or Apple apps.

This could be the reason for your issue. They are a sort of hidden fonts, if I understand correctly.

Some users have made them visible to all apps by making a copy and renaming to differentiate with the original one.

Fonts unavailable on some apps Mac OS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.