Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air Print

Since installing iOS 16.1.1 on iPhone and iPad, I can not print using Air Print. I can print from my MacBook Air but it takes a long time for computer to “find printer “. I contacted Epson and they think it’s a router problem. It’s not, it’s since the upgrade. I even restored the printer to factory settings and reinstalled to no avail. Help.

iPhone 12 mini, 16

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 5:17 PM

Thank you so much. I contacted my cable company and they discovered a problem causing the internet to not have the connectivity speed I’ve been paying for since the beginning of September. They corrected the problem and my printer again works from my iPhone and iPad, and functions normally now from my computer. To think I was ready to buy a new printer, which would have had the same issue. Again, thanks so much.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 5:17 PM in response to John Galt

Thank you so much. I contacted my cable company and they discovered a problem causing the internet to not have the connectivity speed I’ve been paying for since the beginning of September. They corrected the problem and my printer again works from my iPhone and iPad, and functions normally now from my computer. To think I was ready to buy a new printer, which would have had the same issue. Again, thanks so much.

Nov 30, 2022 6:48 AM in response to mrsfjl

😕

It's not supposed to be this difficult. AirPrint either works or it doesn't, and when it doesn't work the cause is almost always poor wireless connectivity or a router that needs to be reset. Although it might be an exercise in futility you might try resetting the router to defaults, followed by reconfiguring it — in the same manner as you did with your printer.

The fact your Mac connects but only after some difficulty implies some kind of network anomaly, but what that may be is anyone's guess. Is it possible your wireless network is suffering from interference, possibly too many competing wireless networks? There is no cure for that other than to move the equipment closer to the wireless router or wireless access point.

Air Print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.