Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My keyboard backlights odd behavior

1. The keyboard backlights turns on only at login screen. Once I enter my password they turn off
  2. The option in the Touch Bar does nothing anymore
  3. the option/controls on the screen do nothing
  4. The option to "Adjust keyboard brightness in low light" dissapeared from System preferences

Please, do not recommend going " Adjust keyboard brightness in low light", seen several people with the same issue, and no response.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 11:33 AM

elosodelpozo wrote:

Tried everything, it didn't work, when I restart the computer, the backlight comes up, once logged in it goes off, I tried just closing my Mac without logging in and the keyboard lights are on, they are kept on as long as I don't login.

Tried SMC and PRAM reset already, as well.

Erased the whole SSD and reinstall from zero, no luck

No mention of the test user account..

if no insight or resolve :

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line  Apple Support

or call  AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost.  Mac Repair Service  Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support   Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 11:33 AM in response to elosodelpozo

elosodelpozo wrote:

Tried everything, it didn't work, when I restart the computer, the backlight comes up, once logged in it goes off, I tried just closing my Mac without logging in and the keyboard lights are on, they are kept on as long as I don't login.

Tried SMC and PRAM reset already, as well.

Erased the whole SSD and reinstall from zero, no luck

No mention of the test user account..

if no insight or resolve :

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line  Apple Support

or call  AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost.  Mac Repair Service  Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support   Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Nov 30, 2022 6:53 AM in response to elosodelpozo

elosodelpozo wrote:

1. The keyboard backlights turns on only at login screen. Once I enter my password they turn off
2. The option in the Touch Bar does nothing anymore
3. the option/controls on the screen do nothing
4. The option to "Adjust keyboard brightness in low light" dissapeared from System preferences

Please, do not recommend going " Adjust keyboard brightness in low light", seen several people with the same issue, and no response.

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

My keyboard backlights odd behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.