Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stairmaster doesnt count steps?

I just spent 30 mins on the stairmaster and did 1020 steps. My apple watch says I burned 2 calories. How is that possible?

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 7:31 AM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2022 1:59 PM in response to djsirlaurence

Greetings djsirlaurence,

If you are having difficulty using the Workouts app on your Apple Watch, begin by following the guidance found here:

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Start a workout

1. Open the Workout app. 
  2. Find the workout that best matches what you're doing. Learn more about each workout type
  3. To set a goal, tap the More button the ... icon next to the workout that you want to do. You can also set or start a custom workout. To skip setting a goal, tap the workout. 
  4. The Multisport workout option in the Workout app on Apple Watch.

5. Wait for the three-second countdown. To skip the countdown, tap the screen.
  6. Work out. To add another type of workout without ending your session, open the Workout app, swipe right, then tap the New button the plus icon.

Siri can also help you start a workout. Say something like "go for a five-mile walk."

If you have Apple Watch Ultra, you can set and start your workout with the Action button. Learn how to use the Action button on your Apple Watch Ultra.

Forget to start your workout? Your Apple Watch can automatically detect when you start working out."

Take care.

Stairmaster doesnt count steps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.