Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media Sharing of photos not working to Apple TV 4K (2nd gen)

Photos on Mac (running Ventura) stored on an external disk is not Home Sharing to new 2nd gen Apple TV 4K. The encouraging spinning 'loading' icon has been going round over 30 mins. Media Sharing is setup correctly. Computer shown in ATV shows 'music' and 'photos' headers but it does not populate with any photos despite music showing and playing fine and the music files are on same external disk. Tried restarting both and turning media sharing on and off but no luck. Apple have been informed. Another bug-ridden pesky OS.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 11:13 AM

UPDATE - PROBLEM SOLVED.

Totally overcomplicated... not only do you have to dig into the i submenu in System Settings>General>Sharing>Media Sharing to setup what photo albums you'd like to share but it is imperative you go into Settings in the Photo app on the Mac and in under the shown Library Location select 'Use as System Photo Library' if, like me, your photos are housed on an external disk rather than in iCloud.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 11:13 AM in response to DeltaRana4

UPDATE - PROBLEM SOLVED.

Totally overcomplicated... not only do you have to dig into the i submenu in System Settings>General>Sharing>Media Sharing to setup what photo albums you'd like to share but it is imperative you go into Settings in the Photo app on the Mac and in under the shown Library Location select 'Use as System Photo Library' if, like me, your photos are housed on an external disk rather than in iCloud.

Media Sharing of photos not working to Apple TV 4K (2nd gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.