Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 16.1 ghost touch

Iphone 11 XS is experiencing ghost touch after 16.1 update. Any fixes?

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 9:27 PM

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch, then tap Haptic Touch or 3D & Haptic Touch. Choose the touch duration—Fast or Slow. On an iPhone with 3D Touch, you can also choose the pressure needed—Light, Medium, or Firm. Test the new setting on the image at the bottom of the screen.

Adjust how iPhone responds to your touch - Apple Support (IN)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 9:27 PM in response to ford148

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch, then tap Haptic Touch or 3D & Haptic Touch. Choose the touch duration—Fast or Slow. On an iPhone with 3D Touch, you can also choose the pressure needed—Light, Medium, or Firm. Test the new setting on the image at the bottom of the screen.

Adjust how iPhone responds to your touch - Apple Support (IN)

Dec 1, 2022 6:53 AM in response to SravanKrA

That didn't actually help. After I chose slow and tapped the image to zoom and then swiped to go back to the menu, my phone switched itself back to fast. I didn't have my fingers anywhere near the screen.

I went back to my home screen and my camera app opened then swiped itself to video, then chose to open instagram and start swiping through stories, then it closed and went back to home and opened myHealthTrack app. All the while I'm just watching it do its thing. My phone is becoming useless. Sometimes I can't even get past my passcode because the numbers will deselect themselves. There are no cracks on my screen and no screen protector. I've cleaned it with microfiber cloths multiple times.

ios 16.1 ghost touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.