Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File Missing for Screenshots Imported to Photos

Here's what's happened: I took several screenshots on my MacBook. I imported those screenshots into the Photos App. I then deleted the screenshots from Finder and emptied my trash. Now when I click on the images in the Photos App, I get the missing file error. Since I already permanently deleted the original files, is there nothing to be done for these screenshots? And going forward, am I supposed to keep all my screenshots in Finder somewhere?

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 11:42 PM

Please check your settings for "Importing", is this checkmark set?

Without the checkmark files will not be imported, they will remain in their original location.

That will create an issue as soon as you delete them.

Here the details

Change settings in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Hope this will solve your question, please let me know if this worked for you or if something in unclear.

Regards Ralf

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 11:42 PM in response to Dp3jDW9hgn842b8pH

Please check your settings for "Importing", is this checkmark set?

Without the checkmark files will not be imported, they will remain in their original location.

That will create an issue as soon as you delete them.

Here the details

Change settings in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Hope this will solve your question, please let me know if this worked for you or if something in unclear.

Regards Ralf

File Missing for Screenshots Imported to Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.