Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ECG setup problem

hi, setup instrcution doesn't appear when i go to ECG in heart app. my apple watch is SE 2022 and my iphone is 13

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 12:29 AM

Hello,

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Apple Watch SE doesn't have the electrical heart sensor needed to run an ECG with an Apple Watch. If you bought your Apple Watch within the past 14 days you could likely exchange it for an Apple Watch with the required hardware to use that feature.

Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

"* The ECG app is not supported on Apple Watch SE or with Family Setup."

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

• "You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it."

"Exchange an item

If you purchased your item from Apple in the U.S., you can take it to any U.S. Apple Store for an exchange. Item exchanges are, of course, subject to in-store product availability. It's a good idea to check if a product is in stock by visiting apple.com and then seeing if it's available for pickup at a store nearby. The only exchange exceptions are personalized items (such as engraved iPad or AirPods) and Macs that have been custom-configured. These items cannot be exchanged in store; they can only be returned and your refund will be issued to the payment method you used on your order (per the guidelines in our Standard Return Policy)."

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 12:29 AM in response to mostafacloner

Hello,

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Apple Watch SE doesn't have the electrical heart sensor needed to run an ECG with an Apple Watch. If you bought your Apple Watch within the past 14 days you could likely exchange it for an Apple Watch with the required hardware to use that feature.

Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

"* The ECG app is not supported on Apple Watch SE or with Family Setup."

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

• "You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it."

"Exchange an item

If you purchased your item from Apple in the U.S., you can take it to any U.S. Apple Store for an exchange. Item exchanges are, of course, subject to in-store product availability. It's a good idea to check if a product is in stock by visiting apple.com and then seeing if it's available for pickup at a store nearby. The only exchange exceptions are personalized items (such as engraved iPad or AirPods) and Macs that have been custom-configured. These items cannot be exchanged in store; they can only be returned and your refund will be issued to the payment method you used on your order (per the guidelines in our Standard Return Policy)."

I hope this helps.

ECG setup problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.