Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stops working when I receive calls

why when someone call me, when i get the phone near of my ears the sensor turn of the screen and stop working no matter how much time i press on the power button, and the new option (prevent lock to end call ) activated or not it not helping me to cancel the call, rested network rested the phone updated to last updated i have tried everything could help but nothing work

i hope this problem to be solve fast as possible.

thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 3:44 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Moantar,

So you're saying that when you go to answer a call, the screen goes dark when you hold the iPhone to your ear, but when you finish the call and go to hang up, the screen does not light back up and is unresponsive when pressing the power button.

We'd suggest making sure there isn't anything interfering with the light sensor first. If you're using any screen protectors or cases, try taking them off and seeing if the behavior continues. If it stops, then the issue is that the accessory was blocking the sensor. If the issue continues, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple directly for additional troubleshooting assistance using: Official Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 3:44 PM in response to Moantar

Thanks for clearing that up Moantar,

So you're saying that when you go to answer a call, the screen goes dark when you hold the iPhone to your ear, but when you finish the call and go to hang up, the screen does not light back up and is unresponsive when pressing the power button.

We'd suggest making sure there isn't anything interfering with the light sensor first. If you're using any screen protectors or cases, try taking them off and seeing if the behavior continues. If it stops, then the issue is that the accessory was blocking the sensor. If the issue continues, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple directly for additional troubleshooting assistance using: Official Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Dec 4, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Moantar

Hello Moantar,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, whenever a call comes in the Lock Screen comes on. We'd like to help!

Let's go through the Lock Screen settings to ensure they are set to how you want them.

"The Lock Screen—which shows the current time and date, your most recent notifications, and a photo or any custom widgets you’ve added—appears when you turn on or wake iPhone. From the Lock Screen, you can see notifications, open Camera and Control Center, get information from your favorite apps at a glance, and more.

The iPhone Lock Screen showing the time and date.

Access features and information from the Lock Screen

You can quickly access useful features and information from the Lock Screen, even while iPhone is locked. From the Lock Screen, do any of the following:

To choose what you can access from the Lock Screen, see Control access to information on the iPhone Lock Screen.

Show notification previews on the Lock Screen

1. Go to Settings  > Notifications.
  2. Tap Show Previews, then tap Always.
  3. Choose how you want notifications displayed on the Lock Screen:
    • View just the number of notifications: Select Count.
    • View the notifications grouped into stacks by app: Select Stack.
    • View the notifications in a list: Select List.
  1. You can pinch the notifications on the Lock Screen to change the layout.

Notification previews can include text from Messages, lines from Mail messages, and details about Calendar invitations. See View and respond to notifications on iPhone.

View Live Activities on the Lock Screen

You can view Live Activities on your Lock Screen—including live sports updates, order updates, and music playing—so you can follow along right on your Lock Screen."

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Dec 4, 2022 12:16 PM in response to dawngreg08

Sorry but i do not understand anything of what you are saying because this is not what i am talking about , I’m talking about the screen sensor in calls , let me explain to you what happen to me , when i receive a call i put the phone to my ears like everyone does the sensor of the screen turn of the light of the screen right? When i take the phone away from my ears the light of the screen not turn on back and that what the sensor must do and it’s a common problem happens with a lot of my friends and there is no problem in the sensor , i hope you understand me.

iPhone stops working when I receive calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.