Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning bolt charging icon

The lightning bolt charging icon is too small for me to read. When I plug in my iPhone, I am unable to tell if it is charging or not. I added the battery % widget but lightning bolt is still too small for me to see if it is truly charging or not. Can anyone tell me how to make the lightning bolt larger? Theses screen shots are clearly blown up but in my normal screen, the bolt is very very tiny.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 3:28 PM

Hi!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble!

Unfortunately there isn’t much to do about the size of the charging indicator, but here are a few suggestions!

Adjust the display and text size on iPhone - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 3:28 PM in response to rgelam

Hi!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble!

Unfortunately there isn’t much to do about the size of the charging indicator, but here are a few suggestions!

Adjust the display and text size on iPhone - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

Dec 1, 2022 4:50 PM in response to rgelam

Please check this out: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support. Let me know what you think!

About the lightning icon being larger, I suggest that you give feedback to Apple; use this link: Feedback - iPhone - Apple. They may not follow up with you but, it’s worth it! Then about your phone not charging, I would contact Apple Support so they can assist you. They should be able to run a diagnostic test to see if there is any part that is not working. Let me know if if your issue ever is resolved!

Best,

Kyleb_27

Dec 1, 2022 3:51 PM in response to rgelam

Hi rgelam!

Thank you for following up! I don’t think there is a way to enlarge the lightning indicator. I would suggest trying the charger on another device and see if it works with that device. If it doesn’t, I would recommend buying a new charger cord, USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m) - Apple. Your phone should also give you haptic feedback when it gets connected to power. If you have the iPhone 13, you can use

MagSafe too. Does this help? Please let me know!

Have a great day!

Dec 1, 2022 3:36 PM in response to Kyleb_27

Thx Kyleb_27! I can see the % no problem. I can not tell if the phone is actually charging meaning- if the charger is actually working. I can ask Siri the battery % but then I’d have to go back and ask Siri again to see if the % changed to tell if the charger is working. I just need the bolt larger so I can tell if the charger is actually charging. I plug it in, go to sleep. Wake up to a low battery cause it wasn’t plugged in correctly or the charger is bad. Also changing the icons to make them larger in the Home Screen does not enlarge the charging icon. Any other suggestions?

Dec 1, 2022 4:04 PM in response to Kyleb_27

thx for quick response! Yes I get haptic info when I plug in to my USB-c charger but sometimes the cord is finicky and it hops on and off sending me the jingle that it’s charging then it’s not. It was actually the mag charger that I set my iPhone 13 on that didn’t charge. It just wasn’t sitting correctly on the circle and if I could just SEE the lightning bolt, I could tell if I set it correctly. I wish apple would make the icon larger. I can not imagine anyone over 60 could see the bolt. My aging 50 year old eyes can’t always see it. Thx for the response

Lightning bolt charging icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.