Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is ios 16 not showing as an available software update on my iphone 11?

My software update is showing available update is ios 15.7.1, but also available ios 16 isn’t showing up as available to download & install on my iPhone 11…so again, question is…why isn’t ios 16 available to download and install on my iPhone 11?

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 10:07 PM

Did you participate in the beta program of iOS version 15? If YES, then you may still have the beta profile installed on your iPhone and that is preventing you from updating to iOS version 16. To check this, open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ VPN & Device Management ➡️ Configuration Profile: Here, if you see a beta profile installed, then tap on it and then choose remove the profile. Once this is done, then restart your iPhone and attempt to update your iPhone again.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 10:07 PM in response to Charidymarie

Did you participate in the beta program of iOS version 15? If YES, then you may still have the beta profile installed on your iPhone and that is preventing you from updating to iOS version 16. To check this, open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ VPN & Device Management ➡️ Configuration Profile: Here, if you see a beta profile installed, then tap on it and then choose remove the profile. Once this is done, then restart your iPhone and attempt to update your iPhone again.

Axel F.

Why is ios 16 not showing as an available software update on my iphone 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.