Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use AirPlay from an iPhone to an iPad?

Can I use AirPlay from my iPhone to my iPad? Or in some other way mirror my phone?

What I am trying to do is to entertain the toddlers in the back of the car, without having to turn around and fix the iPad all the time. So I am looking for some way to play Netflix or YouTube from my phone to an iPad and to be able to start and stop episodes.

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 7:35 AM

No. While iOS/iPadOS support AirPlay, they are not AirPlay receivers.

For the most part, iPad and iPhone can install run the same Apps - and access the same services - and as such attempting to AirPlay between devices is largely pointless. While acknowledging your intended application, your iPhone and iPad cannot use Airplay in the manner that you intend.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2022 7:35 AM in response to Erling84

No. While iOS/iPadOS support AirPlay, they are not AirPlay receivers.

For the most part, iPad and iPhone can install run the same Apps - and access the same services - and as such attempting to AirPlay between devices is largely pointless. While acknowledging your intended application, your iPhone and iPad cannot use Airplay in the manner that you intend.

Can I use AirPlay from an iPhone to an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.