Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus will not sync

Hello, I have an iphone 6 plus running 12.5.6 was using it on itunes with no problem until I did a factory reset and when I try to sync it wont. Have changed the usb lead, itunes up to date. It goes through preparing then closes leaving no music on the phone. I have done the same on my iphone 11 ( to check the state of my itunes ) with no problems. Please someone help

Thank you in advance

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 9:19 AM

3 replies

Dec 5, 2022 11:27 AM in response to Noel478

Hello Noel478,

When you factory reset the iPhone 6, did you restore a back up or set it up as new? If a backup was restored, we would suggest resetting it back to factory settings without restoring a backup to see if that helps. Restoring a backup can restore issues along with the data.

Use these steps found at Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support. Be sure to create a new backup to save any recent data.

Get your device ready
1. Make sure that your Mac or PC is updated. If you're using iTunes, make sure that you have the latest version.
2. If you want to save the information on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, make a backup.
3. Go to Settings > [your name] > Find My, tap Find My iPhone, then turn it off. Learn what to do for an unresponsive device or one that won't turn on. Get help if you forgot your passcode.
Restore your device to factory settings
1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, open the Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
2. Connect your device to your computer.
3. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. Get help if you forgot your passcode
4. Select your device when it appears on your computer. Learn what to do if your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch is unresponsive or won't turn on. Or get help if your device doesn't appear on your computer.
5. Click Restore [device]. If you're signed into Find My, you need to sign out before you can click Restore.
6. Click Restore again to confirm. Your computer erases your device and installs the latest iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software.
7. After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.

This step will help isolate where any issue is originating.

Have a good day.

iphone 6 plus will not sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.