Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i connect my apple iMac pc to usb superdrive

how do i connect my apple iMac desktop, not laptop, to apple usb superdrive?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 7:29 PM

Your ASC user profile shows that you have a 21.5” iMac running macOS 10.15.

If that is correct, then that iMac would have USB-A ports to plug the Super Drive into.

If not and you have a new iMac with only USB-C ports, then you need to use a USB-C to USB-A adapter and correct your ASC user profile.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2022 7:29 PM in response to Imacelder

Your ASC user profile shows that you have a 21.5” iMac running macOS 10.15.

If that is correct, then that iMac would have USB-A ports to plug the Super Drive into.

If not and you have a new iMac with only USB-C ports, then you need to use a USB-C to USB-A adapter and correct your ASC user profile.

Dec 2, 2022 5:16 PM in response to Imacelder

it depends on which iMac you have. if it's the 21.5" or 27" intel iMac, you simply connect it to one of the USB ports on the back of your Mac. but if it is the 24" M1 iMac, then you will need an USB-C to USB Adapter to connect it directly to one of the TB3 ports on the back of the iMac..

please note that regardless of the iMac model, the superdrive needs to be connected directly to the Mac. it will not work if connected through a hub or dock.

how do i connect my apple iMac pc to usb superdrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.