Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't paste into iCloud Notes?

Really? If I copy some text on my iPhone and select text in iCloud.com Notes there is no paste option. I can't find any way to do this. Shouldn't I be able to copy/paste text from one place on the device to another text area on the device? Does anyone know a work around for this? It's really important because the cloud isn't syncing correctly and I need to get my most recent content onto the cloud if possible.

Thanks very much.

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 8:05 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Dec 5, 2022 7:28 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hello, Tom Wolsky,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here. We want to help you figure out what might be going on with your iPhone so that you can paste successfully. It sounds like you're copying paste in one app on your iPhone and then trying to paste that text on iCloud.com using Safari on that same iPhone? If our understanding is correct, then you should certainly be able to do this. We do want to note that some types of content can be copied but depending on the app, you may not be able to paste it. However, if the content you're working with is purely text only (and no images or other content) then you should be able to do that seamlessly.

Since that isn't working, we would recommend that you double check that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. This is because iOS updates can often resolve issues of unanticipated behavior like the one you're experiencing. This is how you can update easily: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

As for the issue itself, we would recommend making sure that iCloud is set up as anticipated on each of your devices to ensure that everything is able to sync over properly. Here is how to do that: Set up iCloud for Notes on all your devices - Apple Support

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

Dec 5, 2022 10:08 PM in response to nathan430

After copying text from iOS Notes, when I long press in a new note in iCloud these are the options I get

Is it because the text was copied from Notes? Should that matter? Current there is a syncing issue in iCloud Notes for a number of users which seems to have begun on Nov 30. I was hoping to use this as a work around. The issue OSs on the Mac. I can’t copy/paste from Mac Notes to iCloud Notes. On the Mac I can’t copy next from a Safari page into a new note in iCloud Notes.

Dec 6, 2022 11:45 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

This is what I get. Does this work for you when you try to paste into iCloud Notes in iOS?

Thanks for the suggestions. Currently Notes is inoperable for me as it doesn’t sync across platforms. I’ll wait in pursuing this until Notes is operational as the problems may be linked.

So, if you create a new note on your phone in the Notes app, copy and paste into that, it doesn't sync to iCloud?

Can't paste into iCloud Notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.