Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ subscription still asks me to pay for movies/shows?

I subscribed to Apple TV+ because I was looking for the "Dickensian" tv series and found it on Apple TV+. Of course, now that I have subscribed I see that yes, I can find the series and watch it but only if I pay to rent each episode or buy the whole series! Now I know people are going to say that Apple TV+ only gives you movies and series created by Apple for the price of your sub but then why have all these other shows and movies shown up in the app? Basically, the whole thing is a con. If they only showed the actual movies and tv series you get with the sub, hardly anyone would sign up.

I am getting really fed up with streaming services trying to push paid content on subscribers. We pay a subscription so that we don't need to keep paying for individual content. Amazon pulls the same trick with Prime. Although it does at least have a much larger pool of subbed content to draw from. Still, the same thing though, click on something you really want to watch and bang! Fleece the customer for yet more money.

I don't mind that Apple TV+ has very little content to go with the sub but make it very clear what is included and what is not. Add something in the title of each movie or tv series that very clearly indicates if it is included with the subscription or not.

Thankfully I can at least cancel, of course losing my month's subscription fee, Apple relies on the fact that tens of thousands of unhappy customers will at least have paid for a month's subscription. So it is still cash in the bank for them. And there are always new customers signing up, just like me who thought they would be getting something and finding out that they are not. At least with Netflix "everything" you see is included. No smoke and mirrors there.

55UK6400PLF,

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 11:07 AM

Yes, I know that and it is completely pointless. If I want to rent or buy something I would not have bothered subscribing. I don't mind that they try and push all this tat on people. I just don't want to see it in a service I subscribe to. Filter it all out or give an option to only see the content you get with the subscription. But of course, that is not what this service is really about. Like Prime, it is about pushing paid content in front of you in the hope that you are dumb enough to pay for it on top of the subscription you are already paying.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2022 11:07 AM in response to Niel

Yes, I know that and it is completely pointless. If I want to rent or buy something I would not have bothered subscribing. I don't mind that they try and push all this tat on people. I just don't want to see it in a service I subscribe to. Filter it all out or give an option to only see the content you get with the subscription. But of course, that is not what this service is really about. Like Prime, it is about pushing paid content in front of you in the hope that you are dumb enough to pay for it on top of the subscription you are already paying.

Apple TV+ subscription still asks me to pay for movies/shows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.