Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage

Hello everyone hopefully what I’m writing is clear. Parts of my conversations are missing from iMessage on my computer but I have all my texts on the phone. Lately I been in areas where I have horrible cell service so I had to toggle send and receive to my cell and it messed up some of the settings on my computer. Is there a way to get whatever was missing back on my computer?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 2:51 AM

The Apple iMessages application on an Apple Computer work fine for sending and receive iMessages provide the Recipient is using an Apple Device.

It will not work fine if the Recipient of the iMessage message is using an Android Device

To achieve this would require and associate iPhone to send / receive SMS / MMS messages

Further, on the iPhone >> Setting >> General >> Messages the " Forward Text Message " must be enabled

Still in that place on the iPhone, the Computer would have to be listed by Name and Enable ( Slider to Green )

refer to image below

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 2:51 AM in response to Insomnia_artsnyc

The Apple iMessages application on an Apple Computer work fine for sending and receive iMessages provide the Recipient is using an Apple Device.

It will not work fine if the Recipient of the iMessage message is using an Android Device

To achieve this would require and associate iPhone to send / receive SMS / MMS messages

Further, on the iPhone >> Setting >> General >> Messages the " Forward Text Message " must be enabled

Still in that place on the iPhone, the Computer would have to be listed by Name and Enable ( Slider to Green )

refer to image below

iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.