You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I move files from iCloud to local storage on my iPhone?

I have some data in the Files app that has been stored in iCloud. How can I move selected file to always be local on my iPhone?

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 4:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 10:58 AM

Greetings dhiraj216,

That's a wonderful question! You can move a file from iCloud in the Files app to "On My iPhone" by following the steps listed below.

1. Open the Files app.
  2. Locate the file you'd like to move.
  3. Press and hold on the file, then tap Move.
  4. Tap Browse towards the top-left, then tap On My iPhone.
  5. Then tap Copy.

This will not remove the file from iCloud, but rather save a copy of the file to the iPhone itself in the Files app. You can learn more about Files app via the link below.

Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2022 10:58 AM in response to dhiraj216

Greetings dhiraj216,

That's a wonderful question! You can move a file from iCloud in the Files app to "On My iPhone" by following the steps listed below.

1. Open the Files app.
  2. Locate the file you'd like to move.
  3. Press and hold on the file, then tap Move.
  4. Tap Browse towards the top-left, then tap On My iPhone.
  5. Then tap Copy.

This will not remove the file from iCloud, but rather save a copy of the file to the iPhone itself in the Files app. You can learn more about Files app via the link below.

Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

How can I move files from iCloud to local storage on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.