Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I edit and export in different frame rates?

Basically Im making a movie in Final Cut Pro. Im filming some 60fps footage that I intend to slow down for B-roll. However, I want to export the movie at 25fps. Can I select 25fps when starting the movie, or will the 60 fps footage automatically convert to 25 fps, meaning that if i slowed it down to say, 50% speed, it would only be playing at 12 fps? Or will it not effect it? Should I just edit in 60fps, but then export in 25?

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 2:35 AM

Edit at 25. FCP will automatically adjust the the 60 clips to match the 25 timeline by dropping frames. You have a few options you can choose from on how it interprets this.

To make slomo select a clip and use the Retiming menu to choose Automatic Speed. This will play every frame and appear as slomo in the 25fps project.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 2:35 AM in response to SQUISHYFACE736

Edit at 25. FCP will automatically adjust the the 60 clips to match the 25 timeline by dropping frames. You have a few options you can choose from on how it interprets this.

To make slomo select a clip and use the Retiming menu to choose Automatic Speed. This will play every frame and appear as slomo in the 25fps project.

Should I edit and export in different frame rates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.