Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay connection turns my car radio off

Every time I get in my car and my phone connects to CarPlay, it turns off the car radio (ie the radio station I was listening to stops playing - the car media screen is still on). There's no media playing on my phone.

How can I get CarPlay to connect (so I can use my phone's maps), but leave the car's radio playing?

I can just switch back to the car's menu and turn the radio back on, but I don't want the radio to be turned off in the first place.

Any ideas?

I found something that said I can use an automation to do this (along the lines of: when the phone connects to CarPlay, pause media on the phone), but this doesn't work for me.

Thanks

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 2:15 PM

Hi paulym666,

When connecting to a CarPlay enabled stereo, it is expected for the audio system to swap over to the iPhone.

If you'd like to see tweaks to this, we can recommend submitting feedback here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply

CarPlay connection turns my car radio off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.