Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Apple Mail, add columns to column layout

In Mail on my new iMac I chose Column layout. The date/time column only showed the date, so I tried to get it to show the time too. Instead the column disappeared altogether!

iMac 24″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 10:27 PM

It works similar to most applications that have columns, you can add/remove columns, change the order of columns, adjust the width of columns and sort the column.

On the column title row along the top; From, Subject, Date Received, Attachment, Size. You can right-click and choose additional columns or remove columns. You can also stretch and shrink column width by positioning the mouse between column headings and clicking and dragging left and right. If you stretch the Date Received or Date Sent column you will see the time. You can click the middle of a column heading and drag and drop to move a column right and left.

Sounds like you drag and dropped the Received / Sent date column off the screen or away from the column heading row and it was turned off. Right-click the columns and you can click on them to show them again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 10:27 PM in response to peterfromlouth

It works similar to most applications that have columns, you can add/remove columns, change the order of columns, adjust the width of columns and sort the column.

On the column title row along the top; From, Subject, Date Received, Attachment, Size. You can right-click and choose additional columns or remove columns. You can also stretch and shrink column width by positioning the mouse between column headings and clicking and dragging left and right. If you stretch the Date Received or Date Sent column you will see the time. You can click the middle of a column heading and drag and drop to move a column right and left.

Sounds like you drag and dropped the Received / Sent date column off the screen or away from the column heading row and it was turned off. Right-click the columns and you can click on them to show them again.

In Apple Mail, add columns to column layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.