Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move FCP videos to external ssd off my M2 MacBook? I am always running out of disk space.

How do I move FCP videos to external ssd off my M2 MacBook? I am always running out of disk space.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 9:00 AM

Hello Jesusonblast,

We would like to see how we can help you with transfering your videos to an external hard drive. Follow the steps in this link to move your viles to your SSD: Connect and use other storage devices with Mac - Apple Support

"Move files to or from an external storage device

1. Make sure your Mac is connected to the external storage device (for example, using a USB cable or over a network).
  2. Click the Finder icon  in the Dock to open a Finder window, then do one of the following to move your files.
    • Move files to the storage device: Select one or more files on the desktop or in a folder, then drag them to the storage device, listed below Locations in the Finder sidebar.
    • Move files from the storage device: Select the storage device, listed below Locations in the Finder sidebar, then drag the files you want to a location on your Mac."

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 9:00 AM in response to Jesusonblast

Hello Jesusonblast,

We would like to see how we can help you with transfering your videos to an external hard drive. Follow the steps in this link to move your viles to your SSD: Connect and use other storage devices with Mac - Apple Support

"Move files to or from an external storage device

1. Make sure your Mac is connected to the external storage device (for example, using a USB cable or over a network).
  2. Click the Finder icon  in the Dock to open a Finder window, then do one of the following to move your files.
    • Move files to the storage device: Select one or more files on the desktop or in a folder, then drag them to the storage device, listed below Locations in the Finder sidebar.
    • Move files from the storage device: Select the storage device, listed below Locations in the Finder sidebar, then drag the files you want to a location on your Mac."

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.