Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Qi charging iphone 11 pro

I have iphone 11 pro and qi charger, my girlfriend have iphone 13 pro max, my question is why qi charger stick on 13 and on 11 doesn't stick it all? just charge on table when iphone stand on qi..

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 1:35 PM

Only iPhone 12 and later are MagSafe compatible. The iPhone 11 doesn't have the magnets built into the phone.

Also see: How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 14, iPhone 13, and iPhone 12 models - Apple Support

10 replies

Dec 7, 2022 1:58 PM in response to slavoljub1312

slavoljub1312 wrote:

did i even say my charger is not working? Of course not, I said that my qi charger just doesn't stick very well, while my girlfriend's 13 model sticks very well..

An iPhone 11 Pro doesn't have the magnet that will cause the MagSafe charge to stick to the phone. It will still charge just fine, however. What you're seeing is expected behavior.

(FoxFifth, I seem to be restating your posts a lot today!)

Dec 8, 2022 6:24 AM in response to slavoljub1312

slavoljub1312 wrote:

Qi charger is always magsafe? No is not who tell's i have magsafe ? Are u reading or just click and type?

If the charger you have is sticking to the Magsafe-compatible iPhone 13 and not sticking to your iPhone 11, it's a Magsafe charger.

No, not all Qi chargers are "Magsafe" chargers. "Magsafe" is Apple's name for wireless chargers that stick (via magnets) to compatible phones. "Qi" is the name of a wireless charging protocol. There's nothing in that protocol that says the charger has to stick to the phone.

What you are seeing is normal and expected. Your iPhone 11 will charge with a Qi wireless charger. It will charge with a Magsafe charge. It will not stick to a Magsafe charger because it doesn't have the hardware to do so.

Qi charging iphone 11 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.