Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favorite buttons

I need to delete Favorites that pop up -- like Yahoo, Trip Advisor, Bing, etc. I don't want my homepage to be Amazon.com. I have cleared history until I'm blue in the face. I want to be able to edit those Favorites to reflect websites I use -- not those I don't use. This is a brand new iMac; not an iPhone. I just used an antivirus today and still can't get rid of Favorites. They're either buttons or a little list of stuff under the Search field. What in the **** do I have to do????????

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 5:15 PM

I want to be able to edit those Favorites to reflect websites I use -- not those I don't use.

You can do that. Read Organize your Favorites in Safari on Mac - Apple Support describes how to add, edit, or remove them.

To change Safari's Start Page, read Customize a start page in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

I just used an antivirus today ...

Never use such things. Rule 1 of Macs is don't install junk.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 5:15 PM in response to jastroeve

I want to be able to edit those Favorites to reflect websites I use -- not those I don't use.

You can do that. Read Organize your Favorites in Safari on Mac - Apple Support describes how to add, edit, or remove them.

To change Safari's Start Page, read Customize a start page in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

I just used an antivirus today ...

Never use such things. Rule 1 of Macs is don't install junk.

Favorite buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.