Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrist pain from watch

I've had my Apple watch for several years and have had intermittent bouts of wrist pain (i wear it on left above the wrist). Recently it's gotten worse and was diagnosed with tendonitis of the tendons for pinky and ring finger. I am now thinking it's the watch, which I don't wear if I'm wearing a splint. So going to try a week without the watch, but no splint, to see if it gets better. Used to wear the watch at night but have stopped in an effort to decrease the tendonitis. I'm suspecting that I'll have to give up on the watch entirely. Anyone else experiencing this? I have a small wrist, 6" circumference.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 7:45 AM

I just got my Apple Watch 8. It got it while home sick with COVID and had all the ugly side effects going on including body aches. Recovered from COVID and wrist, finger, and palm pain has continued! I switched to my other wrist and no issues at all. I am left handed and that is where I wear my watch. The pain goes all the way up my arm to shoulder. It's enough to wake me up. The pain is slowly subsiding in my left wrist now that I switched sides. My band is not tight yet snug enough to do readings. Apple needs to look into this. First time Apple Watch user and it's not good.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 7:45 AM in response to Robbieggg

I just got my Apple Watch 8. It got it while home sick with COVID and had all the ugly side effects going on including body aches. Recovered from COVID and wrist, finger, and palm pain has continued! I switched to my other wrist and no issues at all. I am left handed and that is where I wear my watch. The pain goes all the way up my arm to shoulder. It's enough to wake me up. The pain is slowly subsiding in my left wrist now that I switched sides. My band is not tight yet snug enough to do readings. Apple needs to look into this. First time Apple Watch user and it's not good.

Dec 6, 2022 3:22 PM in response to Robbieggg

I am experiencing the same pain. the pain radiates on the pinky side of my hand and makes movement of my wrist painful. Squeezing a fist also kills.

I am wearing it correctly. It’s not too tight and in the right spot. If I wear it and especially if sleep in my watch, the pain is unbearable. Just yesterday I decided to stop wearing the watch until it feels 100% better. After 28 hours, I am pain free.

There is no mistake that it’s the watch. But, I’m not sure why? I have worn an Apple Watch since series 1. I wear it 24/7. This problem started with the Nike Series 8. I’m hoping I can take a few days off and resume wearing it.

Apple should address this.

Dec 6, 2022 6:36 PM in response to Robbieggg

Some have suggested that it’s from the Bluetooth and or Wi-Fi. Try turning it off and putting the watch in airplane mode and see if the symptoms go away. I have had problems also, but not so much when turned off. I created a shortcut to turn my cellular, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi off and on when I need it. Let me know if it helps.

Wrist pain from watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.