Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Monterey 12.6.1 emails don't display content unless double clicked

Please help? I've been around the bend. In preferences/Privacy turning off protect email, turn off block all remote and turned off and on Hide IP address. Done everything on forums. Earlier my content showed fine, now it doesn't. Been through network settings in about this Mac. Nothing works, BUGGY. So frustrated.....

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 4:50 AM

Good work thus far 👍

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 4:50 AM in response to BabeRuth

Good work thus far 👍

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

Dec 7, 2022 3:50 AM in response to PRP_53

I found by poking around for hours that it had something to do with the window tiling. Some how I managed to view email content on the right side of the window. I don't like this layout and prefer vertical. So in mail went to Window/Column layout and unchecked the box. Then closed reopened and re-checked the column layout box and presto it worked.

Apple Mail Monterey 12.6.1 emails don't display content unless double clicked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.