You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change age on family share person

how do i change age on my 87 year old mothers account, i just bought her an apple watch to help monitor her but i want to monitor her heart info

I was told to set her as a child under family share to do this but it says it's not monitoring heart?

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 4:38 AM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2022 8:32 AM in response to ESH1966

Hello ESH1966,

This page can help out with having a user share their health data: Share and view health data in the Health app - Apple Support

About Health sharing
In the Sharing tab of the Health app, you can share any data you have stored in the Health app with up to 5 individuals. You control what data you share, and you can change it or stop sharing at any time. If a friend or family member chooses to share their health data with you, you can also receive notifications when there are changes to their health data.

Here's what you need
•An iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 15 or later is required to share your health data. 
•An iPhone with iOS 16 or later is required to invite someone to share health data.
•An iCloud account with Health turned on and two-factor authentication enabled.
•The person you want to start sharing with must be saved in your Contacts with their iCloud account email included.*

With regards to the changing of the age on the account, this page can assist with providing the next step: Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change a birth date for a child
To change a birth date to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After you change a birth date to any age below 13, you can't edit it.* Learn more about Family Sharing
1. Update the birth date.
2. Follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer.
3. Your family organizer will get an email with instructions to approve the request. 
 If you need to change the birth date for a child, contact Apple Support

Cheers.

Change age on family share person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.