Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages not loading from iCloud

I recently was looking for an old message, and when searching for it using the search bar, it didn’t return any results.

I use iCloud for iMessages, and have plenty of space (over 30 GB remaining).

I see others that have had this issue, but no relevant answers.

Can anybody help?

Just a couple notes: I recently switched from iCloud plus to AppleOne, but it doesn’t appear that this is the issue. Also, I have iMessages set to keep messages forever.

Thanks!

BW

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 5:12 PM

Hello ipodrogue,

There are a few steps you can take to isolate the issue. We can help with offering a few.

1. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support. Often this simple step will refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.
  2. Do you use other Apple devices, other than the iPhone? If so, are they signed in and linked to the same Apple ID? If yes, check your other devices to see if the issue happens within the other devices or only the iPhone. If only the iPhone, it may be a setting or software on that specific device.
  3. Check to see if there is a difference with how search results respond depending on if you're on Wi-Fi or cellular data.
  4. Check to see if you're able to search with other apps. If you open the Mail app or the Notes app, are you able to complete a search in there without an issue? If it happens with multiple apps, this may be an indication of signal or system memory.

If still only happening with the Messages app, you may actually want to reach out to Apple for further support. You can click here: Apple Support or you can call them directly by dialing out to the number most local to your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

Kind regards!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2022 5:12 PM in response to ipodrogue

Hello ipodrogue,

There are a few steps you can take to isolate the issue. We can help with offering a few.

1. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support. Often this simple step will refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.
  2. Do you use other Apple devices, other than the iPhone? If so, are they signed in and linked to the same Apple ID? If yes, check your other devices to see if the issue happens within the other devices or only the iPhone. If only the iPhone, it may be a setting or software on that specific device.
  3. Check to see if there is a difference with how search results respond depending on if you're on Wi-Fi or cellular data.
  4. Check to see if you're able to search with other apps. If you open the Mail app or the Notes app, are you able to complete a search in there without an issue? If it happens with multiple apps, this may be an indication of signal or system memory.

If still only happening with the Messages app, you may actually want to reach out to Apple for further support. You can click here: Apple Support or you can call them directly by dialing out to the number most local to your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

Kind regards!

iMessages not loading from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.