Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch not entering sleep mode

My apple watch is no longer entering sleep mode with my phone. It stopped working after upgrading my iPhone 7 to an iPhone 14 Pro. I have a sleep schedule set on my phone and Sharing the focus status is still set across all my devices. I have tried resetting my apple watch with backups and setting it up new with no results.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 10:46 PM

I noticed tonight that neither the phone nor the watch entered sleep mode if I am talking on the phone at the beginning of my sleep schedule. Nor will they. Browsing Sleep in Health shows “no data” for today, just short of two hours into the sleep schedule.

4 replies

Dec 14, 2022 10:07 PM in response to DerekM87

I solved my issue.

I changed a random setting under Settings > Focus > Sleep (Specifically I gave an app notification access and then promptly revoked it) doing this made my watch enter sleep mode correctly with my phone.

Previously Do Not Disturb mode was the only mode that was matching on my watch and sleep was not. I tried Work focus mode due to your suggestion, and realized that I still needed to set up the permissions for work focus mode. After doing so it worked on my watch, so then I tried tweaking my Sleep Focus settings and voila! Sleep mode worked once again.

Cheers mate :)

Dec 9, 2022 2:01 PM in response to RedSquadron_

Hi RedSquadron_,

Do other Focus statuses share across to the Apple Watch? For example, Do Not Disturb. Or a custom status?

Also, is your Apple Watch set to share Focuses across devices? Confirm that Share Across Devices is turned on for your iPhone in Settings > Focus > Share Across Devices, and on your Apple Watch in Settings > Focus.

Also, on your iPhone check your Privacy settings in Settings > Privacy > Focus to ensure the required settings are turned on to share.

Let us know if the issue persists from there.

Cheers!

Apple watch not entering sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.