You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help from Apple Support

Hello

When I bought my first Apple computer long ago, I bought a three year AppleCare package.

My friend has told me that Apple now provides free telephone support to ALL customers, with or without them having purchased AppleCare.

Is that correct?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 4:29 AM

7 replies

Dec 7, 2022 5:56 AM in response to Brenda_Shoot

You get 90 days of free phone support after purchase.

Form the tech specs for the 24" iMac:

"Your iMac comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one‑year limited warranty. Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac

to extend your coverage from your AppleCare+ purchase date and add

unlimited repairs for accidental damage from handling, each subject to a

service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or

$299 for other repairable accidental damage, plus applicable tax."

Dec 12, 2022 2:18 AM in response to dialabrain

After discussion with Apple Support on the telephone, I can personally assure you that you are possibly mistaken.

"AppleCare+ for Mac is an insurance plan ... " See:- AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple (UK)

Telephone support/help has been provided to me, and my friends, without the need for AppleCare. All that appears to be required is modern hardware and an up-to-date operating system.

Anyone who needs help from Apple may get same by starting here:- Apple Support

Do try it - and let me know how you get on.

Thanks.

Help from Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.