Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locking phone

Is there a way to keep my iPhone locked so that no one can unlock it but me? I’ve had issues with people getting into my phone to look at messages. Also is there a way to say “message hidden” on the screen instead of displaying who it’s from?

Thank you

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 11:05 AM

See -> Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

👉 and never share your passcode.

Change your Apple ID password. 

Create a strong password for your Apple ID, It is best if your password consists of eight or more characters and include upper and lowercase letters, and at least one number. You can also add extra characters and punctuation marks to make your password even stronger. 

Never provide your password, passcode, security questions, verification codes, recovery key or any other account security details to anyone else. Apple will never ask you for this information.

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 11:05 AM in response to Eightbelles

See -> Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

👉 and never share your passcode.

Change your Apple ID password. 

Create a strong password for your Apple ID, It is best if your password consists of eight or more characters and include upper and lowercase letters, and at least one number. You can also add extra characters and punctuation marks to make your password even stronger. 

Never provide your password, passcode, security questions, verification codes, recovery key or any other account security details to anyone else. Apple will never ask you for this information.

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Locking phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.