Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I cancel 2 step ID?

How do I cancel the 2-step id process?

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 2:32 PM

Hi JW,

According to Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support, two-factor authentication is enabled by default on new Apple IDs and cannot be turned off.

"If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off."

If you have an account where you only very recently activated Two Factor Authentication, note this section of the Apple support article Two Factor Authentication note this section of the Apple support article -->

"If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 2:32 PM in response to JW6967

Hi JW,

According to Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support, two-factor authentication is enabled by default on new Apple IDs and cannot be turned off.

"If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off."

If you have an account where you only very recently activated Two Factor Authentication, note this section of the Apple support article Two Factor Authentication note this section of the Apple support article -->

"If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security."

How do I cancel 2 step ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.