Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes error in windows

iTunes started erroring on me yesterday morning. It won't let me play 'recently added' albums, though was working the day before. Tells me to sign in, and when I click OK it locks up, and has to be killed using task manager.

Running windows 11, no updates recently. Rebooted, and tried again, no difference.

Uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and it worked, but after I closed iTunes and restarted, it errored on me again.

Any insights please?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 2:29 PM

The general troubleshooting advice when iTunes fails to install properly (and reinstalling or repairing it does not work) is to remove not only iTunes but all related components, reboot, remove the target installation folders and reinstall. See the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section in:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Wi… - Apple Community

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2022 2:29 PM in response to parkescape

The general troubleshooting advice when iTunes fails to install properly (and reinstalling or repairing it does not work) is to remove not only iTunes but all related components, reboot, remove the target installation folders and reinstall. See the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section in:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Wi… - Apple Community

iTunes error in windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.