Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos export fail

Hi,

I've tried to export all the photos in Macbook Photos to my personal hard drive as backup. however over 7000 out of 18500 are failed, and i don't know how can i find all the failed export photos. any idea? BTW, i've tried twice. I clicked "reveal in Finder" ,but of course i couldn't find 7000+ photos at once! please anyone can help out with this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 8:37 AM

How did you export the pictures? Files>Export>Export xx Photo, or Files>Export>Export Unmodified Originals?

What happens if you go to one of those images, say IMG 5645.JPG, and examine it in Photos? Can you find it? Can you view it? Can you Edit it?

In Preferences, is "Copy Items to the Photo Library" checked? (This would be the usual case.)

Have you tried these steps?

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Rebuild your Photos Library by closing Photos and re-launching by option-command-clicking the app icon.
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  • Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers)

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

Let us know....

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2022 8:37 AM in response to MCinCN

How did you export the pictures? Files>Export>Export xx Photo, or Files>Export>Export Unmodified Originals?

What happens if you go to one of those images, say IMG 5645.JPG, and examine it in Photos? Can you find it? Can you view it? Can you Edit it?

In Preferences, is "Copy Items to the Photo Library" checked? (This would be the usual case.)

Have you tried these steps?

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Rebuild your Photos Library by closing Photos and re-launching by option-command-clicking the app icon.
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  • Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers)

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

Let us know....

Photos export fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.