Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I export specific audio clips in iMovie?

So, I created a video in iMovie. What if I want to just export a specific audio clip, like just the voiceover, without exporting the rest of the audio?

I am not sure if this is possible, but that would save me a lot of time.

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 11:16 PM

Actually, you don't need to export the voiceover clip. Select it in the timeline and do a File/Reveal in Finder. An Original Media folder will pop up, showing the voiceover file name highlighted. From there, copy it out to your desktop by holding down the Option key and dragging it out. You want to be sure to copy it out, not move it out. If you move it out you will remove it from the iMovie library and thus disable it in the project.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 11:16 PM in response to Rich839

Actually, you don't need to export the voiceover clip. Select it in the timeline and do a File/Reveal in Finder. An Original Media folder will pop up, showing the voiceover file name highlighted. From there, copy it out to your desktop by holding down the Option key and dragging it out. You want to be sure to copy it out, not move it out. If you move it out you will remove it from the iMovie library and thus disable it in the project.

-- Rich

Dec 7, 2022 6:32 PM in response to Gabriecraft1234

Put the voiceover into a newly created project and export it as an audio- only file (an option in the export box).

Or, you can mute all of the audio clips in the project, except for the voiceover, and also mute all of the audio embedded in the video clips. Then you can export it as an audio-only file, or as a regular video file that would then contain the non-muted voiceover as the sole audio in the movie.

— Rich

How do I export specific audio clips in iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.