Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up Menu to trigger a value

I’d still call myself a beginner with Numbers, but trying to delve further. I’d like a pop up menu item to trigger a number in a different cell.

For example: I’d like to select “Annually” from a pop up menu, and have “12” populate in another cell. Which I’ll hide and use to run an “Average” equation somewhere else. I’d appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 10:26 PM

Hi ACrawl2,

you could use IFS, for every option in your Popup Menu you would need a section.

IFS - Apple Support

B2=IFS($A2="Annually",12,$A2="Quarterly",3,$A2="Monthly",1)

Based on your region the , or the ; will be used to separate the different sections of a formula. If you write one thousand as 1,000.00 then the , is used as your formula separator. If you write one thousand as 1.000,00 then the ; is used as your formula separator.

Hope this will solve your question, please let me know if this worked for you or if something in unclear.

Regards Ralf

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 10:26 PM in response to ACrawl2

Hi ACrawl2,

you could use IFS, for every option in your Popup Menu you would need a section.

IFS - Apple Support

B2=IFS($A2="Annually",12,$A2="Quarterly",3,$A2="Monthly",1)

Based on your region the , or the ; will be used to separate the different sections of a formula. If you write one thousand as 1,000.00 then the , is used as your formula separator. If you write one thousand as 1.000,00 then the ; is used as your formula separator.

Hope this will solve your question, please let me know if this worked for you or if something in unclear.

Regards Ralf

Pop up Menu to trigger a value

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.