Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone unavailable

My Moms phone says Iphone unavailable and it will only let her make emergency calls.

She said that she doesn't know why this happened. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 10:02 PM

I understand that the iPhone is in the status of "Unavailable". You will have to reset the passcode to your iPhone by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 Reset the Passcode of your iPhone (Without a Computer).  Note: All the data on your iPhone will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on 👉 iCloud and/or on a computer. If you do then, you can 👉 Restore your iPhone from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPhone has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 10:02 PM in response to Secretlypraying777

I understand that the iPhone is in the status of "Unavailable". You will have to reset the passcode to your iPhone by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 Reset the Passcode of your iPhone (Without a Computer).  Note: All the data on your iPhone will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on 👉 iCloud and/or on a computer. If you do then, you can 👉 Restore your iPhone from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPhone has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

Axel F.

Iphone unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.