Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resting energy

I have no personal information in the “Fitness” app. I guess this is the one apple automatically installed when I deleted the Health app. I really don’t want the health or fitness app on my phone, and I did not enter any personal information when the health app was on my phone.

So what exactly is this app recording without my knowledge or consent?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 12:14 AM

Fitness app fetches the Resting energy from the health App. If you do not want them you may delete them. See the pics below

There is nothing to become paranoid about this. If you are measuring the Active Energy then you ought to know the Resting Energy too. I would recommend that the best for you is not to use the Health or the Fitness App itself.

However, your may read below to understand what it means for you.

Total Energy used by your body = Resting Energy + Active Energy: You may get more insight into the Total Energy --> Energy Consumption Of The Human Body - Stanford University

Resting Energy

This is an estimate of the energy your body uses each day while minimally active. Additional physical activity requires more energy over and above Resting Energy (see Active Energy).

Active Energy

This is an estimate of energy burned over and above your Resting Energy use see (Resting Energy). Active Energy includes activity such as walking slowly, pushing your wheelchair and household chores, as well as exercise such as cycling and dancing. Your total energy use is the sum of your Resting Energy and Active Energy. 

Tap on Show all Health Data

Total 1,990 Cal (Shown in the Pic posted by you) = Active Energy + Resting Energy (From the Health App)

An example from my iPhone given below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2022 12:14 AM in response to cqskie

Fitness app fetches the Resting energy from the health App. If you do not want them you may delete them. See the pics below

There is nothing to become paranoid about this. If you are measuring the Active Energy then you ought to know the Resting Energy too. I would recommend that the best for you is not to use the Health or the Fitness App itself.

However, your may read below to understand what it means for you.

Total Energy used by your body = Resting Energy + Active Energy: You may get more insight into the Total Energy --> Energy Consumption Of The Human Body - Stanford University

Resting Energy

This is an estimate of the energy your body uses each day while minimally active. Additional physical activity requires more energy over and above Resting Energy (see Active Energy).

Active Energy

This is an estimate of energy burned over and above your Resting Energy use see (Resting Energy). Active Energy includes activity such as walking slowly, pushing your wheelchair and household chores, as well as exercise such as cycling and dancing. Your total energy use is the sum of your Resting Energy and Active Energy. 

Tap on Show all Health Data

Total 1,990 Cal (Shown in the Pic posted by you) = Active Energy + Resting Energy (From the Health App)

An example from my iPhone given below

Resting energy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.