Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages for iPad

hello, where do I find ‘unlearn spelling’? in Pages for an iPad Pro (6th gen)This an example. There is no option for correcting a misspelled word.

thanks

Lila

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 10:56 PM

thank you for the help. Indeed Laila is a name , pages spells my name ‘Lila’ as Laila

I am trying to get it to spell my name correctly. Unlearn appears but I cannot get unlearn for some particular words.

Athabaska is also a name, here unlearn appears. If I’m understanding correctly, when the word Laila appears, I should spell it. laila and then unlearn?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2022 10:56 PM in response to picas

thank you for the help. Indeed Laila is a name , pages spells my name ‘Lila’ as Laila

I am trying to get it to spell my name correctly. Unlearn appears but I cannot get unlearn for some particular words.

Athabaska is also a name, here unlearn appears. If I’m understanding correctly, when the word Laila appears, I should spell it. laila and then unlearn?

Dec 11, 2022 11:25 AM in response to Lilabugs

Hello Lilabugs,

Please check out the information in this link, which explains how to manage and remove words from the spelling dictionary, and should be helpful: Check spelling in Pages on iPad

Add and remove words from the spelling dictionary

• Add a word: Tap the underlined word, then tap Learn Spelling (you may need to tap Replace first). The word is added to the dictionary used by Pages and other apps.

• Remove a word: Double-tap the word in your document, then tap Unlearn Spelling. The word is removed from the dictionary used by Pages and other apps.

Note: If you add a word to the spelling dictionary, it’s added for all languages.

If you're using the process in the above link, but don't receive the option to remove a word, please let us know if that behavior happens with all words, or only certain ones. That will help us plan how to proceed.

Take care!

Pages for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.