Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore the iCloud from my old phone to on my new phone

Ok

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 10:41 AM

There are 2 parts to the answer. First, if you back up to iCloud, see→Restore your iOS device from a backup - Apple Support.

Next, if you SYNC to iCloud (which is not the same as backing up to iCloud) on the new phone go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud and turn on the switches for data you want to sync.

Further explanation: iCloud+ has 2 independent functions. iCloud backups, and iCloud sync. It’s confusing because they both have the same name prefix. But they have no connection with each other. Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud. You will see a bunch of switches (with iOS 16 also tap Show All). When you turn on a switch that data type will sync to iCloud. If you do this on multiple devices that share an Apple ID the selected data will sync to all of those devices. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2022 10:41 AM in response to jawad229

There are 2 parts to the answer. First, if you back up to iCloud, see→Restore your iOS device from a backup - Apple Support.

Next, if you SYNC to iCloud (which is not the same as backing up to iCloud) on the new phone go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud and turn on the switches for data you want to sync.

Further explanation: iCloud+ has 2 independent functions. iCloud backups, and iCloud sync. It’s confusing because they both have the same name prefix. But they have no connection with each other. Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud. You will see a bunch of switches (with iOS 16 also tap Show All). When you turn on a switch that data type will sync to iCloud. If you do this on multiple devices that share an Apple ID the selected data will sync to all of those devices. 

How to restore the iCloud from my old phone to on my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.