Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pairing a watch

I am trying to repair my watch to an old phone (that it was once paired with) while my newer phone is sent in for warranty work. Each time I pair it, it immediately unpairs from the phone. I don't know what to do!

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 3:52 PM

How old is the iPhone you are trying to pair with and what is the iOS version on it?

If your watch is updated to WatchOS 9 or higher, it can only pair with an iPhone which is running iOS 16 or higher. If your old phone isn't capable of running iOS 16, you won't be able to pair the watch until you get the phone back you sent in for repair.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2022 3:52 PM in response to SavealabLA

How old is the iPhone you are trying to pair with and what is the iOS version on it?

If your watch is updated to WatchOS 9 or higher, it can only pair with an iPhone which is running iOS 16 or higher. If your old phone isn't capable of running iOS 16, you won't be able to pair the watch until you get the phone back you sent in for repair.

pairing a watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.