Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This ipad was my sisters and she passed away. I am trying to unlock but do not know her apple id or password

My sister passed away and I am trying to unlock her ipad but don't know her apple id or password

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 7:21 AM

Hello vinmacdaddy,

Your best recourse is to use this service: How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

That will give you access to the account and from there her device.

Apple also has a reset service but I strongly suspect the requirements for that will be similar to getting access to her account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 7:21 AM in response to vinmacdaddy

Hello vinmacdaddy,

Your best recourse is to use this service: How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

That will give you access to the account and from there her device.

Apple also has a reset service but I strongly suspect the requirements for that will be similar to getting access to her account.

This ipad was my sisters and she passed away. I am trying to unlock but do not know her apple id or password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.