Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari documents and data takes too much space

My safari documents and data takes up 30 gb of storage on my iPad 8th gen. How do I clear this? I think it’s because of uploading videos to YouTube that were long, but that was a month ago. How long do I have to wait to clear it?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 11:23 AM

5 replies

Dec 12, 2022 10:32 AM in response to raine112

Greetings raine112,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're needing to clear up some storage with Documents & Data on your iPad, right?

If we have that correct, the storage reported here can include files stored within installed apps as well. If you still have the uploaded videos downloaded on your iPad, see if removing the download will clear up this space. For additional information on what the storage categories include, check out the details below. You can also locate more information, here: How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Here's a list of the types of content on your device, and what each type includes:

• Audio: Songs, audio podcasts, audiobooks, voice memos, and ringtones.

• Video: Movies, music videos, and TV shows.

• Photos: Content in your Photo Library, Camera Roll, and Photo Stream.

• Apps: Installed apps. The content of the apps is listed under Documents & Data.

• Books: iBooks books, audio books, and PDF files.

• Documents & Data: Safari Offline Reading List, files stored within installed apps, and app content like contacts, calendars, messages, and emails (and their attachments).

• Other: Settings, Siri voices, system data, and cached files.

In addition, you can try clearing the history and cookies from Safari if you think this may help. For assistance, and more details on this, check out the following link: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

We hope that's able to help. If not, include additional details to help us understand what's occurring. Be sure to let us know which steps you've taken as well to allow us to avoid repeating any unnecessary steps.

Have a great day!

Safari documents and data takes too much space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.