Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a numbers spreadsheet with 5 sheets and I want to share a summation cell with another sheet in that spreadsheet how is that done?

How do I take a cell value from 1 sheet and have it transferred and used to another sheet in the same spreadsheet (ie if I want to use a sum figure in a cell in sheet B and transfer and use that number in sheet A)$

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 2:55 PM

Click on the cell that is to receive the value.

Press= to open the formula editor for that cell.

Click the Sheet name (Sheet B) of the source cell to move the view to Sheet 2.

Click on the cell containing the sum. Note the change in the formula editor.

Click the green checkmark button to confirm the formula, then click Sheet A to return to the first sheet, where you will see the result (and the formula, in the box at the bottom of the screen view).

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 2:55 PM in response to how62DO63you68DO69

Click on the cell that is to receive the value.

Press= to open the formula editor for that cell.

Click the Sheet name (Sheet B) of the source cell to move the view to Sheet 2.

Click on the cell containing the sum. Note the change in the formula editor.

Click the green checkmark button to confirm the formula, then click Sheet A to return to the first sheet, where you will see the result (and the formula, in the box at the bottom of the screen view).

Regards,

Barry

I have a numbers spreadsheet with 5 sheets and I want to share a summation cell with another sheet in that spreadsheet how is that done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.