Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ventura 13.0.1

I have a 2020 IMac 27",I have Ventura 13.0.1 running and seem to be running fine except for maybe one thing. I have noticed that when using my mouse I double click on a file on my desktop it will not open.. I can not open any file by double clicking it. I now have to right click and hit open.. It also doesn't work in Lightroom or Photoshop.. I use the magic mouse but have tried others with the same results..If anyone could help I would sure appreciate it.

Tom S.

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 9:16 AM

Go to System Settings->Accessibility

and see how the speed for double clicking is set. Maybe it’s set too fast that it is not registering as a double click but as two separate single clicks.

(I am not at my mac to post a screenshot but it should be easy to find)

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 10, 2022 6:22 AM in response to trscherer

trscherer wrote:

I have a 2020 IMac 27",I have Ventura 13.0.1 running and seem to be running fine except for maybe one thing. I have noticed that when using my mouse I double click on a file on my desktop it will not open.. I can not open any file by double clicking it. I now have to right click and hit open.. It also doesn't work in Lightroom or Photoshop.. I use the magic mouse but have tried others with the same results..If anyone could help I would sure appreciate it.
Tom S.

old issue new issue what changed?

Do you high light the file on your Desktop, then double click it open ...(?)

Get to know the Finder on your Mac

Get to know the Finder on your Mac - Apple Support

See and organize your files in the Finder on Mac - Apple ...

Organize your files in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support

Dec 10, 2022 8:04 AM in response to leroydouglas

New issue I can not double click a file to open it either on my desktop or in finder!! Yes if I I have a folder on my desktop with files in it I use to be able to double click on it and it would open up in finder now it doesn't. I have to right click on it and the drop down box shows up with the list ....Just started may a few week ago.The only thing I can think of is an up date to OS but not certain.. It is any thing on my decktop that I click on I should be able to open with a DC..This has also effected Lightroom and Photoshop..There are many things that I could DC on ine those programs and would get the action I need..

Thanks

ventura 13.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.