Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my new Apple watch series 8 keep unpairing from my iPhone during setup?

Why does my new Apple watch series 8 keep unpairing from my iPhone during setup?

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 7:58 AM

You don't say which model iPhone you are pairing your watch with or what its iOS version is?

For an Apple Watch Series 8 to be able to pair with an iPhone, the iPhone MUST be updated to at least iOS 16 or higher. The current version is iOS 16.1.2.

Is your iPhone capable of running iOS 16 and updated to the latest version? You must own an iPhone 8 or newer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2022 7:58 AM in response to rswp1024

You don't say which model iPhone you are pairing your watch with or what its iOS version is?

For an Apple Watch Series 8 to be able to pair with an iPhone, the iPhone MUST be updated to at least iOS 16 or higher. The current version is iOS 16.1.2.

Is your iPhone capable of running iOS 16 and updated to the latest version? You must own an iPhone 8 or newer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.