Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why My iphone 13 pro couldn’t find 5GHz wifi

Why my iphone 13 pro is only find 2.5GHz wifi signal , it couldn’t find 5GHz wifi signal ? But my all other apple devices can find 5Ghz.

i already reset my network settings,deleted vpn and restarted it.

after that only once it found and connected to 5GHz. Then again the 5Ghz signal just vanished from my phone. i can only find and connect with 2G.

Can you please help me with that ?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 1:22 AM

Rksunny wrote:

Then again the 5Ghz signal just vanished from my phone.

I am not clear what signal did you get to know 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?

These can be seen on a Router --> Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Please read the section "Radio Mode" in the above link says : Set to All (preferred), or Wi-Fi 2 to Wi-Fi 6 or later

I presume that you know this --> Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) replaces Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), which in turn replaced Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) as the standard for Wi-Fi speeds

The iPhone 11 and later is capable of connecting to Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) --> iPhone 12 Pro - Technical Specifications (UK), Please read the section Cellular and Wireless model section of the sepc

They can connect to 2.4 and 5GHz seamlessly

Now the question is what is the router / modem that you are connecting to? If it has WiFi 5 or WiFi 4 the iPhone 11 and higher will only connect to WiFi 5 or WiFi 4 because it has downward compatibility. If the router has WiFi 6 802.11ax it will seamlessly connect to it with WiFi 6.

In other words, if you have iPhone XS, which has 802.11ac Wi‑Fi 5, it will connect to a router with only 802.11ac WiFi 5 even if the router has WiFi 6 (802.11ax).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2022 1:22 AM in response to Rksunny

Rksunny wrote:

Then again the 5Ghz signal just vanished from my phone.

I am not clear what signal did you get to know 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?

These can be seen on a Router --> Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Please read the section "Radio Mode" in the above link says : Set to All (preferred), or Wi-Fi 2 to Wi-Fi 6 or later

I presume that you know this --> Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) replaces Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), which in turn replaced Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) as the standard for Wi-Fi speeds

The iPhone 11 and later is capable of connecting to Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) --> iPhone 12 Pro - Technical Specifications (UK), Please read the section Cellular and Wireless model section of the sepc

They can connect to 2.4 and 5GHz seamlessly

Now the question is what is the router / modem that you are connecting to? If it has WiFi 5 or WiFi 4 the iPhone 11 and higher will only connect to WiFi 5 or WiFi 4 because it has downward compatibility. If the router has WiFi 6 802.11ax it will seamlessly connect to it with WiFi 6.

In other words, if you have iPhone XS, which has 802.11ac Wi‑Fi 5, it will connect to a router with only 802.11ac WiFi 5 even if the router has WiFi 6 (802.11ax).

Why My iphone 13 pro couldn’t find 5GHz wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.