Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit sharing not working, need profile for reset

Hi Community,

I Need to reset my homekit because sharing with family member doesn't work.

Therefore I need to download a profile to reset my icloud account and remove anything related to homekit.

Does anybody have an address for this profile and instructions how to implement this?

Pat

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 2:52 AM

It seems I have solved my problem.

I found this article on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/i16zao/could_not_accept_invitation/

and the answer of hamiltsd is what I was looking for.

This is what is answered in this article and is the solution that worked for me:

download and launch the HomeKit reset profile Safari on both mobile devices (looks like they change the link periodically, so be advised link may be dated): http://appldnld.apple.com/iOSProfiles/HomeKitReset.mobileconfig (note: you can try first on just the one device and avoid full reset, but I was forced to do both devices)

install the profile on both devices then go to settings to install the profile per these instructions: Install a configuration profile on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

restart both devices (may be optional, but doesn’t hurt)

go to settings and scroll down. You should now see a “Home” icon to open then select to “Reset Configuration.” WARNING: this wipes out all your HomeKit accessories and settings. You will need to start over.

open HomeKit app on both devices. They said to leave app open for 10 minutes, but mine reset in a minute. This should force reset your configuration keys.

to test, I added a single HomePod mini to a new Home and then invited spouse. She accepted easy breezy.

And there it is. This solved all my troubles and now I'm able to invite my wife and share all devices on homekit.

Hope this is helpful for all the people still experiencing this problem after all these years of homekit. Wish apple would have this option always available to help us solve these frustrating problems..

To ease finding this solution on this forum i'll include some keywords: homekit sharing shared not possible icloud frozen account itunes could not accept invitation.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 2:52 AM in response to threeof4

It seems I have solved my problem.

I found this article on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/i16zao/could_not_accept_invitation/

and the answer of hamiltsd is what I was looking for.

This is what is answered in this article and is the solution that worked for me:

download and launch the HomeKit reset profile Safari on both mobile devices (looks like they change the link periodically, so be advised link may be dated): http://appldnld.apple.com/iOSProfiles/HomeKitReset.mobileconfig (note: you can try first on just the one device and avoid full reset, but I was forced to do both devices)

install the profile on both devices then go to settings to install the profile per these instructions: Install a configuration profile on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

restart both devices (may be optional, but doesn’t hurt)

go to settings and scroll down. You should now see a “Home” icon to open then select to “Reset Configuration.” WARNING: this wipes out all your HomeKit accessories and settings. You will need to start over.

open HomeKit app on both devices. They said to leave app open for 10 minutes, but mine reset in a minute. This should force reset your configuration keys.

to test, I added a single HomePod mini to a new Home and then invited spouse. She accepted easy breezy.

And there it is. This solved all my troubles and now I'm able to invite my wife and share all devices on homekit.

Hope this is helpful for all the people still experiencing this problem after all these years of homekit. Wish apple would have this option always available to help us solve these frustrating problems..

To ease finding this solution on this forum i'll include some keywords: homekit sharing shared not possible icloud frozen account itunes could not accept invitation.

Dec 12, 2022 3:12 PM in response to threeof4

Hey there threeof4,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. For the best steps for help with troubleshooting issues with sharing access to your home, check out the steps listed in this link here: Share control of your home - Apple Support

If you can't share control of a home
- You and the people you invite need an iPhone or iPad updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS or a Mac updated to the latest version of macOS.
- Make sure that you and the people you invite are signed into iCloud on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac. In iCloud settings, turn on Home.
- Make sure that you and the people you invite haven't blocked each other's phone number or Apple ID. Learn how to manage blocked phone numbers, contacts, and emails on iPhone or iPad and how to manage blocked callers on Mac.
- To invite people to control your home while you're away and edit permissions for them, you need to set up a home hub. If you don't have a home hub set up, you can only invite people when you're home and connected to your home Wi-Fi network.

If you continue to run into issues after going through the steps above, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly from this link here: Get Support - Apple

We hope that's able to help.

Take care!

Homekit sharing not working, need profile for reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.